Navigating the Path to Growth and Prosperity
Navigating the path to growth and prosperity often requires anticipating and managing detours – from evolving regulatory and compliance obligations, to the potential pitfalls of complex transactions, to unavoidable disputes and litigation.
We help businesses of all sizes successfully manage that journey. Drawing on our intimate knowledge of Alaska’s business and legal communities, we partner with each client to meet their business and legal challenges in the most efficient, cost-effective and time-sensitive manner. And in ways that further their long-term goals.
We bring our clients pragmatic insight that serves all their needs – from business formation and governance, to structuring and negotiating transactions, to positioning disputes in ways that enhance the likelihood of resolution, to workouts and bankruptcy. We serve as counsel to corporations, limited liability companies, partnerships, strategic alliances and joint ventures. In bankruptcy matters we represent creditors’ committees, trustees, credit providers, asset purchasers, vendors, landlords and other interested parties.
Our attorneys operate as a cohesive team, sharing expertise and resources across our practice areas. So that no matter what issues arise – be it employment and benefit plan matters, gaming law questions or litigation – we bring each client timely advice and tangible results that serve their strategic objectives.
Our Services – We help businesses:
- Make choice of entity decisions and form new business entities.
- Address governance issues and manage governance problems.
- Structure and negotiate transactions to develop and expand business opportunities; including joint venture arrangements, teaming agreements, leases, licenses, secured transactions, employment contracts, stock and business asset purchase agreements, and the many other agreements that contribute to the conduct of a successful business.
- Resolve disputes among the principals of business enterprises.
- Maximize recoveries and minimize losses from creditors and pending bankruptcies.
- When necessary, litigate disputes that arise with third parties or between principals.
Real Estate Practice
One specialty incorporated within our Business and Commercial Law group is our Real Estate Practice.
We represent public agencies, property owners, and contractors and handle all of their real estate transactional needs. This includes negotiating real estate purchase and sales agreements, easements and leases (including leases with federal agencies); and handling closings and foreclosures. We also help clients arrange site control for HUD-funded programs and other public projects.
We take pride in facilitating transactions – by clearly identifying each client’s goals and preparing straightforward and effective agreements. When disputes arise for our real estate clients, we can bring in accomplished litigators with substantial experience and success litigating a variety of real estate matters.